wow, never had i ever thought that i would do something like this. i was definitely not in the best of running shape and actually trained the least in my team, but still managed to push through it. it was so worth it to go through this with my fraternity brothers; they were the perfect people to do this with for my first time! here’s some of the highlights of this weekend:
- Jasmine’s family’s hospitality; without that, i have no idea how we would have pulled this off. all that good food and place to stay did so much for us.
- the hot tub before and especially after the race was AMAZING. one of the best feelings in the world…
- WingCo is amazing…if only there were such bulk food dispensers in NorCal..or is there??
- Tough Mudder was freezing cold…like 40 degrees at start time and the sun refused to come out for a majority of it
- the uphill runs were the steepest i’ve ever seen/run…pretty impressed with myself for making it through those
- the Arctic Enema gave me the worst brain freeze ever, as did the other water obstacles that required going underwater…i guess my head just doesn’t respond well to drastic temperature changes
- that everest climb was ridiculous…hands kept slipping from the people above and it took me like 8 tries to get up
overall, definitely an experience i recommend for everyone. it’s really a true test of mental grit and camaraderie, as tough as it is. what an amazing weekend.